Well, not so long ago, I found the South Park Studio website. There, you can create your own avatar with clothing and body parts drawn in the style of the South Park cartoons.
Many people have been using these avatars since then.
But wait! We have been talking about paper models here at paperinside.com. So, where do these avatars feature?
- Avatars are nice
- We all love 3D
- We all love paper models
So, let’s put them all together!
Here’s the deal:
You can create your own South Park character and assemble its paper model! Awesome, huh?
- An image editor. MS Paint, Paint Shop Pro, Corel Draw…
- Download FREE Pepakura Viewer
- Download model files. ZIP file contains the model (PDO) file and the texture (JPG) file
Just follow these steps:
- Access South Park Studio and create your avatar
- Copy the picture and paste it inside the image editor
- Work on custom.jpg file, using the avatar you have created. Note: you must have some basic skills on image edition
- Save custom.jpg with another name
- Run Pepakura Viewer and open custom.pdo file. Access ‘Configuration->Texture Configuration…’ menu item and load your JPG file
- Save, print, cut, fold and glue. You’re done!
Once you have build your own 3D avatar, send a pic to me and I’ll publish it here.